Bioenergy Resources (Bioenergy) has both a passion and focus for improving the collection, handling, and disposal of waste in emerging global economies. Municipal Solid Waste is a financial and environmental burden on every municipality across the world. Bioenergy works with municipalities and private sector participants to create a positive value situation for cities, while also improving waste collection at all economic levels.
WHERE DO WE LOOK FOR PROJECTS?
– We look for emerging countries that either do not have a sanitary waste disposal method in place, have maxed their landfill capacity, or are simply looking to reduce the budgetary drain of their current disposal process.
– Island Nations that need a disposal solution that will maximize both volume and limited space.
– We look for growing urban areas so that we can leverage our modular approach in order to grow with the city.
WHAT ABOUT WASTE?
– We look for generation volumes in the range of 200-1500 tons/day.
– Emerging countries have high food fractions and therefore high moisture content. This is a unique problem we are equipped to handle.
WHY DO WE LIKE THESE AREAS?
– We believe there is a niche opportunity in these areas and waste sizes because they are either over looked or fall into a mass burn situation.
– We believe affordable and environmentally safe waste disposal is attainable for any city.
TYPICAL PROJECT APPROACH
– Work with governmental entities to define objectives & impacted groups
– Define current collection
– Define affected parties
– Characterize waste
– Identify optimal disposal processes
– Define and refine project design and economic economics. This done by building strong relationships with local and technical stakeholders in order deliver an environmentally safe, reliable, and affordable solution.